Innovation in equipment. Innovation in training. Innovation in compliance. Feeney Brothers’ commitment to innovation differentiates us from our competitors. Our dedicated safety, compliance, and training resources, combined with our state-of-the-art training facilities, reflect our commitment to innovative solutions.
A competent and capable workforce is paramount and consistent training is required. At Feeney Brothers, we live by this rule and invest in our employees through our specialized, innovative training programs that include:
Innovations in Training
- Industry-leading 40-Hour Training Program, designed to provide specific gas construction training and ensure a competent and capable workforce. All field employees participate in the 40-hour program annually.
- Development Training Program, a five-week program consisting of classroom, hands-on, and on-the-job training (OJT), followed by a 14-week OJT evaluation program designed to confirm competency and provide a foundation for continued development of skills for our foremen, supervisors, and managers.
- Ongoing Dedicated Curriculum Development, to ensure we are adhering to ever-changing safety, compliance, qualification, and regulatory requirements.
- Operator Training Program, comprised of extensive classroom time and practical training, developed in collaboration with subject matter experts in the industry, and aimed to promote safe operation and reinforce best practices.
Innovations in Equipment
- Oxygen sensors, combustible gas indicators, and 4-gas meters to ensure our crews remain in a safe environment during field operations.
- Respirator Fit Testing and Training, provided to employees along with respirator equipment and breathable air for work in live gas operations.
- C.A.T 4+ Cable Avoidance Tools, used to locate underground utilities and aid in damage prevention.
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), used to determine the location of underground utilities, obstructions, etc., in areas where no records are available or the use of GPR is mandated by customers.
- Proximity Back-up Sensors, deployed on larger vehicles and equipment to assist in navigating difficult-to-maneuver equipment in work zones and congested areas.
- Backhoe Simulator, used for training and evaluation of potential operators in a controlled environment.
- Vacu-Lift, used to safely load and unload steel pipe without the need to use chains, rigging, or tag-lines.
- Vacuum Excavation Trucks, used to safely expose underground utilities with limited disruption to adjacent facilities.
- Tablets on each crew allow instant access to procedures, technical bulletins, crew qualifications, email, company notices, crew daily reports, etc.
Innovations in Compliance
- Internal Audit Program utilizing iAuditor application, allowing us to adjust the information our field visits capture as needed. Through weekly collaborative meetings between the operations, safety, compliance, and QA/QC teams we are able to identify trends, determine areas of focus, and alter our audits accordingly to obtain an accurate depiction of what our inspectors are seeing on our worksites.
- Internal QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) Program, developed to ensure our crews are delivering a quality product while adhering to procedural and regulatory requirements.